Humans are weird.
- Buying myself → When does a model own her own image?
- American suicide → Why America is committing suicide right now.
- Meat paradox → An experiment on moral decision making.
More top stories:
- The Social Dilemma experience → By Andy Bhattacharyya
- How to read at work → By Bill Chung
- Assumptions canvas, for more equitable and less problematic products → By dan turner
- UI Cheat Sheet: in-app notifications → By Tess Gadd
- Decolonizing Design: what exactly are we talking about when we use the term? → By Felipe Sbravate
- The usability of road signs → By Ketevan Phagava
”Industry experts tend to use a lot of jargon when talking about design — in some cases as a way to protect their position of specialists. Hopefully, as you grow into your career as a designer, you are not going to perpetuate that same type of practice.”
The Guide to Design →
- Google sign-up → A tale of the Internet’s development.
- MacOS history → The untold history of macOS system preferences.
- Tangled web → A reflection on modern web development.
- Figma updates → Embracing the tension between code & design.
- Bland guidelines → A guide for brands that default to being bland.
- Disrespectful design → Turns out users aren’t stupid or lazy.
- Nova app → A new take on the native Mac code editor.
- Physics simulations → Tiny experiments in bringing physics to the web.
- Reduced motion → Designing for people with motion sensitivities.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.