Getting a seat at the table doesn’t mean abandoning your desk
Your weekly list of curated design resources, brought to you by your friends at the UX Collective.
View this email in your browser
Leading with craft:
A series about hands-on career paths in our industry →
As companies continue to increase their investment in design, and digital teams continue to grow, the company leadership feels the need of assigning managers who can keep those different design teams up and running.
Senior individual contributors (ICs) are expected to become leaders.
Leaders are expected to become managers.
But designing and managing are two very different jobs.
The UX Collective is an ad-free platform that elevates unheard design voices all over the world, reaching over 378,900 designers every week. Curated by Fabricio Teixeira and Caio Braga.
Representing gender non-conforming people in UX →
By Marta Zarzycka
The myth of brainstorming →
By Julio Martinez
Stop penny-pinching on UX →
By Luis Berumen Castro
Top stories this week:
- UX Writing and the systematization of content → By Caroline Linhares
- 10 sobering realities every brand-new UX designer needs to accept → By Samuel Harper
- Do we actually do proper research? → By Anthony Murphy
- Systems thinking in product development → By AJ Justo
- We still need human-centered design → By Davide M. Parrilli
- How to get out of the messy middle? → By Aybala Coskun
✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿 Our friends at Smashingconf were kind enough to donate tickets to their upcoming conference to [**@uxminaspretas**](https://twitter.com/uxminaspretas), one of the organizations we support. You should consider signing up for their [**online workshops**](https://smashingconf.com/online-workshops); lots of great names and topics.
News & ideas
- Apple vs Google → 10 honest graphics about ≠ design approaches. By Allen
- No mobile → Why you shouldn’t design for mobile.
- Guide to mastery → The lifelong journey to mastering your craft.
- Collaboration UX → A user guide to working with you.
- Free structure → Why structure is freeing, not restricting.
Featured work: Simone Noronha →
Tools & resources
- CSS animations → Enhancing user experience with CSS animations. By Stéphanie Walter
- WCAG for design → A checklist to build accessible products.
- Plausible → A privacy-friendly alternative to Google Analytics.
- Figma systems → A collection of Design Systems for Figma.
Top comments (0)