“When we hear the word ‘culture’ we tend to think gimmicky office props, company-sponsored happy hours, and initiatives that look great from a PR perspective but don’t have a significant impact on people’s careers. We avoid the word ‘culture’; we focus on values instead. The best culture, in our opinion, is working with folks who are passionate about design and who will organically rally towards a shared value. Once that shared vision is defined, culture will naturally emerge and build itself around it.”
- Responsive Type → And how to deal with browser zoom.
- UX Animations → How to execute motion design in UX.
- Performance & UX → Making front-end apps load faster for better UX.
The UX Collective newsletter is a self-funded newsletter read by over 127,000 designers every week. The best way you can support it is by sharing it with your friends.
More top stories:
- Who decides how disability is represented in stock photography? → By Alicia Crowther
- Using AI to find a partner on Tinder → By Hiroo Aoyama
- How to find your niche as a UI/UX designer → By Vasil Nedelchev
- What we never talk about: Facebook has a product problem → By Mark Gray
- UX debt 101 → By Tania Vieira
- Let’s talk neumorphism and accessibility → By Uyen Vicky Vo
- We’re not so different, you and I → By Reinoud Schuijers
- New Facebook App → Facebook quietly releases a Pinterest clone.
- Semantic Colors → Exploring the idea of a semantic color system.
- Kill Color Trends → Our obsession with trends is killing the planet.
- Female Leads → Brit Marling on why she doesn’t want to be the strong female lead.
- Flow UI → An accessibility-oriented design system.
- DesignValley → Yet another design tool repository.
- Img Larger → Enlarge images without quality loss, thanks to AI.
- Brain Food → Bite-sized knowledge delivered to you weekly.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.