A new collective of 26 leading voices in the design industry coming together to drive positive change — including directing a quarter-million dollar annual scholarship fund devoted to bringing students from diverse backgrounds into undergraduate programs. If you know a thing or two about my history and background, you can only imagine how excited I am to be part of this initiative.
- Mobile Darkness → Mobile design patterns that are effective, but evil. By steven hoober
- Design Governance → A design system’s governance process. By Brad Frost
The UX Collective newsletter is a self-funded newsletter read by over 116,800 designers every week. The best way you can support it is by sharing it with your friends.
More top stories:
- Why the double diamond isn’t enough → By adam23gray
- The dark side of incrementalism → By Mike Kuechenmeister
- Is AI doomed to be racist and sexist? → By Aya Burstein Ben-Aharon
- Interviews in UX: learnings of a practical idealist → By Olga B
- Having a vision and implementing it too → By Aga Szóstek
- User research isn’t black & white → By Nikki Anderson
- Designing for people and systems → By Hannah Kim
- Firefox Anti-Spam → Firefox moves to stop browser notification spam.
- A Year in Graphics → The Economist data-journalism team’s first year.
- 150 Years of Nature → Celebrating the world’s oldest science journal.
- Collective Privacy → When we tell companies about ourselves, we give away details about others, too.
- Adobe XD Updates → Including coediting, document history, and more.
- Figma Ninja→ A game-like experience to learn Figma basics.
- Recursive Design → A highly-flexible new variable font.
- CHI Design System → The public identity of the City of Chicago.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.