- Google the giant → Google’s top search result? It’s Google.
- It’s good to talk → Thoughts and feelings on creative wellness.
- Defund everything → Why we should redesign all of our institutions.
Top stories this week:
- Design needs inclusive research → By Greg Weinstein
- The principles of user sovereignty → By dwh
- What being Gay in Tech taught me about authenticity and UX Research → By Josh LaMar
- All you need to know about UI design Shapes and Objects → By Michal Malewicz
- Forget nightmare clients — this is what dream clients look like → By Benek Lisefski
- I built a “Personal FAQ” directory on how to get into Product/Tech → By Zoe Chew 🇲🇾👩💻📕
- Lessons learned as a school leader during remote teaching → By Primal Dhillon
”Industry experts tend to use a lot of jargon when talking about design — in some cases as a way to protect their position of specialists. Hopefully, as you grow into your career as a designer, you are not going to perpetuate that same type of practice.”
The Guide to Design →
- No letters → A language without letters, by Yukio Ota.
- Black print → Stereotypes, black pamphleteers, type history.
- Periodicity → Explorations on how to visualize periodicity.
- Affordances → The things of everyday design.
- Form design → Best practices, research insights, and examples.
- Teeny icons → Tiny minimal 1px icons.
- Handz → A 3D illustration library with colorful hands.
- Beyond responsive → Designing adaptive components beyond responsive breakpoints. By Stéphanie Walter
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.