Design isn’t always pretty.
- Branding QAnon → The Instagram aesthetic that made it popular.
- Social Dilemma → 5 things the documentary forgot to mention. By Sophie Taylor.
- Ballots UX → What ballots can teach us about UX writing. By Lauren Jessen.
More top stories:
- Newtonian interfaces → By Taner Olcay
- Food allergies: when search UX becomes dangerous → By Anna E. Cook (she/her)
- The accidental tyranny of user interfaces → By Oliver Meredith Cox
- Create a weather app UI with 3D-like illustrations → By Diana Malewicz
- Interaction metaphors → By Mark Brenchley
Collective update: the unique illustrations of Shreya Damle →
- Better computers → Great essay on making computers better.
- Copying → Is that the way design works?
- Audio principles → Converting visual design principles into audio. By Luke Manimala.
- Designing fast food → Great tutorial on food branding in The Simpsons.
- Tyrus → A digital toolkit for freelance illustrators.
- Layout projection → Animating browser layouts at 60fps.
- Figma variants → Bridging design and code with Variants.
- Phosphor icons → Flexible icon family for interfaces and diagrams.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.