Lots of youtube lives could be a tweet.
- On writing → Can writing make me a better designer?
- Cumulative shift → Avoiding sudden layout shifts in UX.
- Dark patterns → How to convince others not to use them.
Top stories this week:
- Neumorphism, visual accessibility, and empathy → By Tammy Taabassum
- Why the Bauhaus lives on as the most influential design school → By Michelle Chiu
- A new concept for usable touch interaction in cars → By Casper Kessels
- The 8 levels of focus for building successful products → By Alana Brajdic
- The lying eye and its accomplice → By Andres Zapata
- 8 deeper truths of working from home — what all the tips aren’t telling you → By Benek Lisefski
- How to use desk research to kick-start your design process → By Teisanu Tudor
- Antijustified day → An international celebration, May 8th every year.
- Kinetic type → A 36-day typographic experiment.
- Icon system → Developing open-source icons at Microsoft. By Joline Tang.
- Tech adoption → How new tech is adopted year by year in the US.
- Chair times → Full doc about chair design, available for free.
- Micro-typography → How to space and kern punctuation marks.
- Blush → Unsplash, but for illustrations.
- Octopus → A lightning-fast visual sitemap builder.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.