This looks like a multi-fold question.
You could ask a more detailed one, such as how many developers are there:
- In the world
- In a specific part of the world (i.e. Asia)
- That are professionals
- That are professionals with more than 5 years of experience
The list can go on and on.
You can have all these answers AND a combination of those through the new Developer Population Calculator.
The Developer Population Calculator is an online tool, part of our Data Dashboard series that allows you free access to developer population data that can help answer the questions that matter to you.
- Visit SlashData Dashboards
- Sign up (it’s free!)
- Select "Population Calculator"
- Access population distribution, per region and coding language
- Apply filters to narrow results
- Smile, you now have your answer
- You can export the chart showing the answer to add to your presentations.
Instant access to data
Instantly calculate how many developers share the characteristics you are looking for, anytime, in easy to read graphs.
Data you can trust
Our data is based on 10 years of surveying developers and offering insights to the world’s largest tech brands. 30-40,000 developers respond annually in our survey, from more than 165 countries.
Fits your needs
Find answers through tons of query combinations and 3 core graphs:
- Number of developers in the world
- Developers per geographic region and
- Programming language used.
Spread the knowledge
You can export your query and graph, share it with your colleagues and team and add to your presentations.
Only what you need
You can create custom queries that match what you are looking for. Use the available filters to narrow down the results.