What I built
I built an app called Gitalytics, which will show summarized GitHub Activities.
As it doesn’t fit into any other categories, I am submitting this entry in Random Roulette category.
Visit it here: https://gitalytics.shhdharmen.me
Home Page (Light theme):
Home Page (Dark theme):
#2020Coded Page (Light theme):
#2020Coded Page (Dark theme):
About Page (Light theme):
About Page (Dark theme):
Share Repository Dialog (Light theme):
Share Pull Requests Dialog (Dark theme):
User info popover:
As of now, Gitalytics can get and show following details of 2020 fetched from GitHub:
- Star count (from 1st 100 CreatedRepositoryContribution)
- Fork count (from 1st 100 CreatedRepositoryContribution)
- Closed Issues (from 1st 100 CreatedIssueContribution)
- Pull Requests
- Merged Pull Requests (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestContribution)
- Closed Pull Requests (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestContribution)
- Pull Request Reviews
- Comments and Reactions on Pull Request Reviews (from 1st 100 CreatedPullRequestReviewContribution)
You can export each data as PNG. And you can also share stats on twitter. I will look like below:
Dharmen Shah 😎My 2020 GitHub Contributions:
📘 37 repositories,
✅ 331 commits,
⚠ 5 issues,
⬆ 22 pull requests
👀 reviewed 1 PRs
Find out yours!
gitalytics.shhdharmen.me #2020Coded #gitalytics via @gitalytics_app14:29 PM - 01 Jan 2021
Link to Source Code
Code is available at GitHub:
shhdharmen / gitalytics
🐙 🐱 📊 Gitalytics - A simple overview of your Github activities
Code is licensed MIT
I got inspired from Spotify Year in Review feature and thought that developers should also see their GitHub Year in Review, a.k.a #2020Coded.
How I built it
I have created an NX workspace using angular-nest preset. For more on code visit my previous article.
Basic Structure Done with Nx and Deployed on DigitalOcean App Platform
Dharmen Shah ・ Dec 18 '20 ・ 3 min read
While developing this app, I learned following things:
- GitHub GraphQL API
- Deployment on DigitalOcean Platform
- Binding environment variable at build time in Angular, link
- Setting up CORS in NestJS
This is my first full-stack web app. I am planning to make more such apps in future.
I would like to thank Dev.to and DigitalOcean team for coming up this hackathon and encouraging developers.
Thanks for reading.
🌲 🌞 😊
Top comments (7)
This is a cool submission 😁.
Few obs :-
1) Mobile view can be more responsive. I am trying out in iPhone 7 and content has a right margin or padding.
2) trim the white space in the search field.
Check out mine :-
Building Animeccha - Epilogue
Lakshya Thakur ・ Dec 24 '20 ・ 2 min read
Thanks for the feedback, I will check.
This is good work but. This is just so common and it can be achieved using simple coding. I only found that pic thing fascinating but it can be improved by providing many editing options.
Thanks for the feedback... 👍🏼
Will suggest you to make it more cool and attractive
Congrats on finishing up your entry. I tried it out and it looks really great. That's a very nice UI and very interesting summary of GitHub data. Great work!
Thanks a lot!