According to Wikipedia,
"GitHub Copilot is a cloud-based artificial intelligence tool developed by GitHub and OpenAI to assist users of Visual Studio Code, Visual Studio, Neovim, and JetBrains integrated development environments by autocompleting code"
Since we have recently subscribed to GH Copilot at
opt-nc, I rapidly saw that during onboarding process, we had two kind of programmers:
- 🤓 The one who were already using it (and paid it for personal usage)
- 👶 The one who did not really know what to expect from GH Copilot
💭 As the onboarding is a never-ending process (temporary project newcomers, turnover, etc...), I found interesting to get some content to welcome newcomers.
One of the easiest thing is to prepare some ready to use content.
This is what this article is about : a set of video resources with fine shortcuts.
Liquid error: internal
- Discover Gh Copilot : settings
- How it works
- Ask for more suggestions (
- Force GH Copilot to get a hint (the
- Navigate through completions
- Partial hinting (inline hints editing)
- Create Unit tests
- Chat with Copilot (as an assistant, Q&A) with GH Copilot Chat (Side Window)
- The chat window
- Ask questions about particular parts of the code
- Create a full project from a single PROMPT
GH Copilot CLI is...
- GH Copilot preview (waitlist consideration)
- GH Copilot CLI setup (
- git commands with
- Better cli interop with GH Services witht he
gh?command (list PRs, list gists and
- General help for cli with
Very practical introduction:
The most exciting feature (my own opinion) is GH Copilot for Pull Requests:
That said, here are some bookmark for:
- Context conversations
- (Copilot for) Docs
- BY FAR My favorite one : GH for Pull Requests
- Resolving issues (I mean...literaly "Hey Copilot, do this for me") with AI
- Reviewing PRs with AI
- AI PR completion
- GH next : Copilot for Docs
- Code Brushes (Code formating, buggy snippets,...)
- GH Copilot Labs
Although it is not really dedicated to GH Copilot, you probably take a glance at this page:
and discover GH Blocks:
GitHub Blocks Template
📣Use this repository as a starter template if you're a GitHub user interested in building your own custom Blocks!
Or watch the video:
What are blocks?
Blocks allow you to extend GitHub's interface in some pretty powerful ways! It could be as simple as a custom renderer for files or folders in your repository, and it can be as flexible as a full interface for editing content.
You can view any repository in the experimental Blocks interface at blocks.githubnext.com.
🚨Blocks is currently a technical preview! It may have bugs or issues, and should not be used for anything mission-critical.
Check out some blocks examples to get a better sense for what you can do with blocks, and see how some…
That's all folks. Hopefully you'll found this post useful... and helped you jump start in your GH Copilot journey 😊.