IBM Developer SF team hosts weekly online meetups on various topics. Online events is one of the best ways to scale your Developer Relations program and reach developers anywhere, anytime and for a long time after the event.
The following online meetups we hosted in the month of March with links to watch the recordings. I also encourage you to join our meetup so you will always know when our online meetups are scheduled. All online meetups are hosted by the wonderful Lisa Jung 👋.
✔️Serverless Java – Mobile Serverless Backend as a Service (March 6, 2019)
In this online meetup Marek Sadowski taught developers about:
- Who are the players in the Serverless ecosystem?
- What are some use cases for Serverless solutions – with MBaaS as one of them
- Best practices for the Serverless architecture for MBaaS
- Whether going Serverless is really faster, better, cheaper for developers and organizations
- Live coding examples using Java and Android
✔️IBM Enterprise Blockchain architecture in the Cloud (March 14, 2019)
In this online session hosted by Lennart Frantzell developers learned:
- Frameworks such as IBM Food Trust and Trade Lens and other Supply Chain frameworks
- Coding in Visual Studio Code to cloud-deployment and describe tools and methodologies
- Why Blockchain has come to dominate the Supply Chain market and the issues you have to be aware of in implementing Blockchain solutions in the Cloud.
✔️Application Modernization for the Enterprise Cloud Stack (March 20, 2019)
What should developers consider in modernizing legacy Java EE applications with complex structures and interactions with enterprise messaging and data services?
In this session hosted by Developer Advocates David Carew and Tim Robinson, developers learned about one approach to modernizing this class of applications and provide demonstrations of key concepts. Over the course of three modules, you’ll see different methods to migrate applications, the role of containers in the journey and how microservices are foundational to cloud native capabilities.
✔️Introduction to GraphQL, a query language for APIs (March 27, 2019)
In this online meetup, Tanmai Gopal, co-founder of hasura.io, introduced GraphQL to developers and showed its use cases, and how it works under the hood. Upkar Lidder from IBM Developer SF followed with a short talk introducing to Apache Openwhisk – an open source, distributed Serverless platform that executes functions (fx) in response to events at any scale.