Attempt to replicate the Workflowy endless document concept, extended with features I am currently missing.
Overall I am really happy with what workflowy offers as a tool and I enjoy using it. I tried several of the bigger alternates to it. None of them could resemble the ease of use and often overwhelmed me with too many pointless features. Nevertheless, I miss some things, but these are mostly visual, little organizing helpers, or time savers.
There are a bunch of browser extensions that are recommended to enrich the experience with workflowy, but they don't appeal to me. Security and my privacy are the main reasons I don't want to use them. Also, it feels somewhat hackish to use them; like some of these DIY videos, where everything is done with hot glue.
- ease of use and limited feature set does emphasis the focus on the content
- nearly everything can be used via keyboard shortcuts
- it is fast, responsive and frictionless unlike its competitors
- jotting down my thoughts as they come into my mind
- the search is easy to use and search settings can be saved as a favorite
- I am not constrained to a specific workflow and can do whatever works for me
- more text formatting options within a nodes description field
- document structuring through headlines and sections
- possibility to change the bullet icon of a node or coloring it
- spacer elements to structure documents
- linking to other nodes without using the title of the node automatically
- automatically receiving the title of inserted links
- coloring of tags
- collection of used tags
- grouping favorized searches in a tree structure
- native extensibility