It is a new service that allows you to
query private zones from an on-premises environment and vice versa.
The private resolver requires an azure virtual network. One or more
inbound endpoints are established that can be used as the destination for DNS queries when you create an azure private resolver inside a virtual network. The resolver's
outbound endpoint processes queries based on the forwarding ruleset that you have set. There are networks linked to a ruleset that can be used to send the queries.
The process of using a Azure DNS private resolver is summarized below.
- DNS query will issue if the client is in a virtual network.
- The DNS query is forwarded to the specified addresses if the server for the virtual network is specified as
- There are Private DNS zones linked to the same virtual network if Default is configured in the virtual network.
- If the query doesn't match a Private DNS zone linked to the virtual network, then Virtual network links are consulted.
- If there are no ruleset links, then the query can be solved with the help of the azure domain name system.
forwarding rules are evaluatedif the ruleset links are present.
- The query is forwarded to the address if a match is found.
longest suffix is usedif multiple matches are present.
- If no match is found, no forwarding occurs and the query is resolved with the help of the azure domain name system.
benefits are provided by the Azure DNS private resolver.
- It is
fully managedand has built-in
high availability and zone redundancy.
Reducing operating costsand running at a fraction of the price of traditional IaaS solutions.
- You can have private access to your Private DNS Zones.
High performance per endpointis possible.
Terraform, Arm, and Bicepare friendly to the
Thanks for reading my article till end. I hope you learned something special today. If you enjoyed this article then please share to your friends and if you have suggestions or thoughts to share with me then please write in the comment box.