I've been using fd instead of find locally.
It describe itself as "A simple, fast and user-friendly alternative to 'find'".
From their readme.
- Convenient syntax:
fd PATTERNinstead of
find -iname '*PATTERN*'.
- Colorized terminal output (similar to ls).
- It's fast (see benchmarks).
- Smart case: the search is case-insensitive by default. It switches to case-sensitive if the pattern contains an uppercase character*.
- Ignores hidden directories and files, by default.
- Ignores patterns from your
.gitignore, by default.
- Regular expressions.
- The command name is 50% shorter* than
- Parallel command execution with a syntax similar to GNU Parallel.
Try it out.