Global Metaverse Bootcamp is a program by White Matrix the creators of ChainIDE the code editor used to write smart contracts that provide debugging, testing, and deployment one-stop services, developers don’t need to install extra tools while working on smart contracts. White Matrix has previously conducted Binance's 8-week Blockchain Development training for African Developers, Blockchain Multimedia Data Science Seminar in collaboration with the University of Alberta and ETH Hackathon 2021.
The BootCamp training running from November 20th to December 15th offers:-
- a month-long immersive learning experience, completely free for developers. The program covers Metaverse in general, NFTs, Gaming, and Token Economics.
- a chance to learn from technology experts, access the top-industry resources and connect with leading investment institutions.
- opportunity to meet the great minds in China's blockchain community.
Metaverse is a network of a virtual environment, parallel to the actual world where people behave like virtual characters or avatars and interact with one another as digital objects. Metaverse is a term coined by the science fiction writer Neal Stephenson in his 1992 novel Snow Crash to describe an immersive reality mimicking that of the real world.
Metaverse takes on a new meaning when it comes to referring to the most transformative morphology in human development as the age of the Internet has entered a new phase. Technologies of 5G, AI, cloud computing, and blockchain, including token economics and cryptocurrencies, have contributed to the emergence of the meta-universe community.
The non-fungible token or NFT is a unit of data added to a file stored in a digital ledger that creates a unique signature. It can be an image file, a song, a tweet, a text on a website, a physical item, or other digital formats of various kinds with characteristics of non-replicability and uniqueness. Lately, more and more crypto artists show particular interest in actualizing their sparkling ideas with NFT.
In March of this year(2021), the auction of an NFT digital collage from the digital artist Beeple Crap ended with a purchase price of over $69 million. The impact of the NFT may have long-term effects on the industrial segments beyond the arts. It is highly likely that segments such as venture capital and finance should embrace NFTs as a trusted instrument for proclaiming and transferring proofs of ownership. The near future will undoubtedly witness an explosive boom of NFT.
Like the basic theorems and formulas in physics, gaming mechanics are the basic principles for blockchain gameplay. Generally speaking, the mechanics of board games and video games are designed to facilitate play. The interaction of mechanics and players determines the complexity and intensity in the experience of the game, which co-determines, with the construction of the environment and economic model, the durability of the game.
Gameplay is essentially the creation and transmutation of rules to produce and stimulate a player's needs. A decent game comes from the combination of rational and logical gaming mechanics which subtly explores and innovates the rules for such a purpose. Therefore, the game is eventually the actualization of the gaming mechanics to provide the game player with a sense of participation to his/her fullest satisfaction.
Token economics can be understood as a subset of economics that studies the economic institutions, policies, and ethics of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services that have been tokenized.
Cryptographic tokens represent programmable assets or access rights, managed by a smart contract and an underlying distributed ledger such as a blockchain network. These tokens are often issued with just a few lines of code, using a simple smart contract running on a distributed ledger.
The existence of tokens in general and digital tokens, in particular, is not new, but the speed with which these cryptographic tokens are being deployed and issued is an indicator that they might be the game-changing application of blockchain many people have been waiting for.
- From Blockchain to Metaverse
- Metaverse and Blockchain games
- Bridge between Web2, Web3, and MiddleWares part 2
- How crypto changes art and what creators can learn from it
- Concise expressions on voxel art
- Entering the metaverse: Why NFTs are important part 3
- ChaninIDE and dApp development
- Blockchain game design part 4
- Token economy
- Opportunities of Defi NFT in Metaverse
- GameFi: Building a sustainable game economy
- Introduction to the master of blockchain game -game CreatorDX
- Architecture of blockchain game
- Hands-on experience: Master of Blockchain part 6
- How Matrix World will change the way we work, play, and stay in the future
- How Blockchain Gaming is Taking the Crypto Ecosystem to the Next Level
This was just an overview of the expected topics to be covered on the Metaverse BootCamp training and as the event happens I'll be writing the articles linked to the different parts to be covered by the speakers. Thanks for reading through my article you can leave a comment or we can connect on Twitter.