⁽⁽⁕◟(.öˬö.)◞⁕⁾⁾ DRAGnet (10 Part Series)
Rails + React + Redux - Pt 10
I'm nearly ready to make the DRAGnet backend accessible while I continue work on the frontend. I decided to run with Heroku, largely because I found their documentation to be so good. The setup was really simple so I've tested it and pulled it back down while I put together some documentation.
Let's get started!
I had already installed the Heroku CLI onto my machine for a previous project- it was easy breezy.
Because I had previously stuck with the 'sqlite3' gem when creating the Rails project, I needed to switch to 'pg' in the gemfile.
With the database gem change I needed to update the config/database.yml file.
The Heroku documentation recommends setting up a welcome page, which I already had by a different name. The next step in their documentation is to store the project in git, which I had already already done.
heroku create from the root directory then verified the remote was added with
git config --list | grep heroku.
I deployed the code with
git push heroku master and migrated the database with
heroku run rake:db migrate.
I ran a dyno with
heroku ps:scale web=1, checked the state of the dyno with
heroku ps, then paid a little visit