What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than by sharing a poem with your friends and family? In this challenge, you will create a poem on a web page using HTML. 💌
- Use a combination of at least five common HTML elements, such as headings, paragraphs, lists, and text formatting.
- The poem can take on any form you like! You can freestyle with as many lines as your heart desires, but here are some suggestions for common poem types:
- Sonnet (14 lines)
- Haiku (3 lines; 5 syllable, 3 syllables, 5 syllables, respectively)
- Limerick (5 lines; rhyme scheme AABAB)
Make your Valentine's Day poem as pretty or complex in style (background color, border, etc.) by doing one of the following:
- Use a
<style>element in the
<head>of the document.
- Apply a global style attribute to various elements in the
<body>of the document.
Try our free course if you need a quick refresher on HTML!
Submit a screenshot of your web page by Feb 14th for a chance to win a special surprise! If you want, you can tag the person the valentine is for so they can see it.
May the best poet win. 💕
Top comments (0)