HTML is styled with Cascading Style Sheets - it is commenly "called" in a HTML file.
Prioritisation depending on how the CSS is called:
- CSS inline (highest priority) ;
- CSS in internal stylesheet ;
- CSS in external stylesheet
- last CSS file called has priority
- -> external stylesheet is king. seperate HTML + CSS!
Stylize a particular state
- :link – A link the user has never visited.
- :visited – A link the user has visited before.
- :hover – A link with the user’s mouse over it.
- :active – A link that’s being pressed down by a mouse (or finger).
:first-child, :nth-child , :first-of-type, :nth-of-type