VLC Player is the most popular, free, open-source, and cross-platform media player worldwide. The main reason for using this software is that it can play virtually every media format you can throw at it. This software is available for desktop Operating Systems like Windows, Mac , Linux , and mobile platforms such as android , iOS , and iPad.
It provides plenty of features that can help us in every way that we need. For instance, many people want to record their desktop , convert videos from one format to another , and so on, but VLC has all the advanced features to fulfill our desires. This post will walk you through the steps needed to record Webcam video via VLC Media Player on your Windows system.
- This software almost supports every video and audio file format and plays every media.
- It is used to convert any medial file formats without using additional plugins.
- VLC can stream media over the local network as well as on the internet.
- It supports many platforms like Windows , Mac, ** and **Linux.
- This program helps to watch videos crisply and clearly.
- It is ranked amongst the most advanced and *progressive * softwares.
You can use the following steps to record the webcam video using the VLC player on your PC.
- Launch the VLC Media Player program on your system.
- Go to the Media tab , and select ** the **Open Network Stream option from the menu, or else you can press ** the **CTRL + N keyboard shortcut to open the Open Media dialog.
- In the Open Media dialog box, you need to click on the Capture Device tab.
- Alternatively, press the CTRL + C shortcut to open the Capture Device section directly.
- You have to set the Capture mode as DirectShow using the given drop-down list.
- Under the Device Selection section, you need to set the Video device name and the Audio device name as Default.
- There is no need to mention the video size , so leave it empty.
- Then, click the Play button.
- Now, it will start playing the video from Webcam.
- Under the View tab , you need to select the Advanced Controls option.
- Click the Record button to record the Webcam video.
- That’s it, your video will be recoreded and saved on the default location on your device.
We have learned how to record Webcam video via VLC Media Player on your Windows system with a few clicks from this post. The provided screenshots helped you to understand it better. You can check out more VLC related posts on our site, vlc.guru.
- Record Webcam Video Via VLC Media Player!!! VLC Player is the most popular, free, open-source, and cross-platform media player worldwide. The main reason for using this software is that it […]
- How to Take a Screenshot in VLC Media Player? This article will teach you to take a screenshot in the VLC media player using simple instructions and good snapshots.
- How to See Audio Visualizations in VLC Media Player? This article will offer you step-by-step instructions to know how to see audio visualization in the VLC media player on your PC.
- How to Save Online Videos Using VLC Player? VLC Media Player is the most popular, free, open-source, and cross-platform media player worldwide. It can play any audio and video format. This software is available for […]
- How to Display Lyrics In VLC Player? VLC Media Player is a genuine software that facilitates all the tools necessary for playing media content. It can play any audio or […]