Jess Eddy: To retain designers, companies should enable them to grow →
“How can I have more of an impact doing what I already do? (…) Sometimes opportunities for growth or achievement are presented to you, and sometimes you must seek them out.”
“I finally had time to reflect on #TheSocialDilemma and as someone who has worked on tech policy issues throughout my career, had many, many thoughts.”
Read thread on Twitter →
More top stories this week:
- Examining death, bereavement, and legacy through digital traces → By Animesh Gupta
- Brutalism in Design: why sometimes less isn’t more → By Malavika Doshi
- So you’re a content designer… what next? → By Rachel McConnell
- What makes a bad design? → By Srishti Garg
- 7 strategies to build a successful Design team → By Harrison Wheeler
- 10 key takeaways from Google’s Material Design guidelines → By Danny Sapio
- Stop doing design systems projects → Your design system is not a project. By Daniël De Wit.
- Future owners → A test to assess the ethical risk of digital products. By Cennydd Bowles.
- Failed components → The failed promise of Web Components.
- Jazz lettering → A gallery of unique musician lettering styles.
- Good UX writing → Eight principles for every interface. By Nick DiLallo.
- Blacklight → A real-time website privacy inspector.
- Pattern collect → A curated gallery of illustrated patterns.
- Noun photos → The Noun Project is now offering photos.
We believe designers are thinkers as much as they are makers. So we created the design newsletter we have always wanted to receive.