Welcome to the weird notes of a new DevOps and Backend engineer. This is my (quite open) notebook on what was all the stuff I read and learnt. Not necessarily tech, you can just read on and understand what I am rambling on about.
- So, the current opentelemetry
sentry-exporteris indeed incomplete right now. I investigated the elastic APM exporter and realised that Sentry one is just not using it's full capabilities yet. You need to run
span.Events()to get a list of events which can be further converted into
- Also, in the prometheus-operator helm chart, we figured out how to add additional rules without having to "upgrade the chart" without putting in new values in
values.yaml. Just create a new PrometheusRule object as a rule file and the ConfigMaps will auto grab it.
- PS: I am talking about this operator here : kube-prometheus
- How do i link a sentry span and a sentry issue.
- Talk with team and refine the requirements because hell no, Sentry is not a logging platform (or I am an idiot)
- Get vaccinated ffs 😢
- IF I manage to pull this issue linking stuff off, I think I will contribute this to opentelemetry collector exporter. My first cloud native contribution might be on its way idk man.
Thanks for listening to the rant.