Are you looking to get your career start in the field of web development?
We hope you’ll come think with us!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams of technical leads, developers, UX designers, visual designers, and researchers on internal and client projects
- Perform quality assurance testing of websites and applications
- Participate in code reviews and other team and learning activities
- Write and edit documentation
- Has some experience developing websites or web applications, even if it’s only been for fun and even if you’ve never put them on the web
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Is comfortable learning independently or in a collaborative setting
- Is comfortable receiving and acting on constructive feedback
Applications must be received by Friday, February 2, 2018 or order to be considered for the apprenticeship. We’ll be using a blind review for the first stage of the process. Applicants will be notified by Monday, February 12, 2018 of next steps.
In preparing your application, we strongly suggest that you get to know Think Company by reviewing our website, blog, and social media accounts. https://www.thinkcompany.com/
To apply, please send us the following:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, in which you address the following points/questions:
- Tell us about one (yes, just one) coding project about which you are proud, explaining why you’re proud of it
- What would make you a great contributor to the Think Company software development team?
- Once you're finished the apprenticeship, what would you hope to do that you can't do now?
- The URL of the website or git repository that’s mentioned in your cover letter, or a ZIP file of the code
This position starts on or near Wednesday, March 7, 2018 and finishes Friday, December 21, 2018. You must be able to work on-site in Center City Philadelphia, with occasional (paid) travel to Conshohocken.
The pay is $25 per hour, and we expect you to work a 40 hour work week (Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, with some flexibility). You’ll be eligible for our 401(k) program, and life and disability insurance, and you’ll also have the option to participate in our health insurance plan.
Throughout the year, you'll participate in a series of performance reviews. At the end of the year, assuming you’re happy working with us and we are happy with your growth, we'll promote you to a full-time salaried position at Think Company.
Think Company is an experience design consultancy that provides research, user experience design, and software development services to Fortune 500 clients in a wide range of industries. Think Company has been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Philadelphia Business Journal for three years in a row.
Think Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Recruiters and staffing companies NEED NOT contact us and DO NOT have permission to contact candidates on our behalf.