In this tutorial, we will learn how to build a full stack Django + Angular + MongoDB example with a CRUD App. The back-end server uses Python 3/Django with Rest Framework for REST APIs. Front-end side is made with Angular 11/10/8, HTTPClient & Router.
Full Article: https://bezkoder.com/django-angular-mongodb/
Django + Angular + MongoDB example Overview
We will build a full-stack Django + Angular Tutorial Application working with MongoDB in that:
- Each Tutorial has id, title, description, published status.
- We can create, retrieve, update, delete Tutorials.
- We can also find Tutorials by title.
The images below shows screenshots of our System.
- Create a Tutorial:
- Retrieve all items:
- Click on Edit button to view an item details:
On this Page, you can:
- change status to Published using Publish button
- remove the Tutorial from Database using Delete button
- update the Tutorial details on Database with Update button
- Search items by title:
- Here is our MongoDB collection:
Django + Angular + MongoDB Architecture
This is the application architecture we're gonna build:
- Django exports REST Apis using Django Rest Framework & interacts with MongoDB Database using Django Model.
- Angular Client sends HTTP Requests and retrieve HTTP Responses using axios, shows data on the components. We also use Angular Router for navigating to pages.
Django Rest Apis Back-end
The following diagram shows the architecture of our Django CRUD Rest Apis App with MongoDB database:
- HTTP requests will be matched by Url Patterns and passed to the Views
- Views processes the HTTP requests and returns HTTP responses (with the help of Serializer)
- Serializer serializes/deserializes data model objects
- Models contains essential fields and behaviors for CRUD Operations with MongoDB Database
These are APIs that Django App will export:
|POST||/api/tutorials||create new Tutorial|
|GET||/api/tutorials||retrieve all Tutorials|
|GET||/api/tutorials/:id||retrieve a Tutorial by
|PUT||/api/tutorials/:id||update a Tutorial by
|DELETE||/api/tutorials/:id||delete a Tutorial by
|DELETE||/api/tutorials||delete all Tutorials|
|GET||/api/tutorials?title=[keyword]||find all Tutorials which title contains
App component is a container with
router-outlet. It has navbar that links to routes paths via
TutorialsList component gets and displays Tutorials.
Tutorial component has form for editing Tutorial's details based on
AddTutorial component has form for submission new Tutorial.
– These Components call
TutorialService methods which use Angular
HTTPClient to make HTTP requests and receive responses.
For more details, implementation and Github, please visit: