Hello, everyone. Hope you are doing well.
This is my first post in AI. I wanna say about differences between Machine Learning and Deep Learning which are mostly buzzwords in recent AI.
To most people, the terms deep learning and machine learning seem like interchangeable buzzwords of the AI world. However, that’s not true.
What are the difference between Machine Learning and Deep Learning?
To break it down in a single sentence: Deep Learning is a specialized subset of Machine Learning which, in turn, is a subset of artificial intelligence. Let’s deep into more details.
What is Machine Learning?
An application of artificial intelligence that includes algorithms that parse data, learn from the data, and then apply what they’re learned to make informed decisions.
- Supervised Learning
- Unsupervised Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
What is Deep Learning?
A subfield of machine learning that structures algorithms in layers to create an “Artificial Neural Network (ANN)” that can learn and make intelligent decisions on its own.
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN)
- Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN)
5 key differences between Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Human Intervention Machine Learning requires more ongoing human intervention to get results. Deep Learning is more complex to set up but requires minimal intervention thereafter
- Hardware Machine Learning programs tend to be less complex than Deep Learning algorithms and can often run on conventional computers. But Deep Learning system require far more powerful hardware and resources.
- Time Machine Learning can take as little time as a few seconds to a few hours, whereas Deep Learning can take a few hours to a few weeks or more.
- Approach Machine Learning tends to require structured data and used traditional algorithms like linear regression. Deep Learning employs neural networks and is built to accommodate large volumes of unstructured data.
- Applications Machine Learning is already in use in your email box, bank, and doctor’s office. These are maybe such simple tasks. Deep Learning technology enables more complex and autonomous programs, like self-driving cars or robots that perform advanced surgery.
Thanks for reading my first post carefully.
To encourage me continue work, please follow me on Dev.to and Github.