Day 26 of⚡️ #30DaysOfWebPerf ⚡️
We need to implement a laundry list of build and deploy tasks to make our sites faster. Luckily tools make this easier, though often the tools themselves can be difficult to work with.
The goal is to minimize the window of rage clicks.15:17 PM - 18 Dec 2019
So what are the tasks?
- Minify/uglify JS, CSS, and HTML (build)
- Compress using gzip or brotli (build or deploy, it depends)
- Set caching headers (deploy)
- Code splitting (build)
- Lazy and/or dynamic loading (codebase)
- Tree shaking (codebase and build)
- etc.15:17 PM - 18 Dec 2019
It's a lot to learn - too much for one tweet thread.
Start with your measurement tools (Day 1) to see what your worst offenders are, and prioritize setting up those tasks first.
Breaking down the problem this way makes it much more manageable.15:17 PM - 18 Dec 2019
[gif alt: small child throwing adult in martial arts class]15:17 PM - 18 Dec 2019