How would you like to get help from ChatGPT to answer questions like these?
- What is this database about?
- Which topic is this schema about?
- Can you write SQL for getting book names and author names?
- Can you suggest comments for columns that do not have them?
- Does this database have personal data?
- Can you suggest indexes for this database?
In order to do this, you need to describe your schema to ChatGPT. Enter SchemaCrawler. SchemaCrawler generates easy-to-read text output with tables, columns, foreign keys, and indexes. You can paste the output into ChatGPT and ask questions such as the ones above.
Let's get started. Begin with SchemaCrawler by following any of the instructions in the series on SchemaCrawler. Once you have your schema in text form, simply paste it into ChatGPT and ask your questions! You will be surprised at the help you can get.