This article presents an open-source Django project that provides a simple Datatable control enhanced with pagination, search, inline edit via Ajax activated when the user doubles click the table row.The information is loaded via the admin interface from a sample CSV file.
Starter provided by AppSeed - a platform used by 2k+ developers.
Thanks for reading! TL;DR; links:
- LIVE Demo - project in action
- Project sources: Django Datatables Sample
- Volt Django Dashboard - the initial starter
- Active support via Discord - 24/7 LIVE Service
$ # Get the code $ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/django-datatables-sample.git $ cd django-datatables-sample
Once you get the code, we need to install the dependencies and create the tables:
$ # Virtualenv modules installation (Unix based systems) $ virtualenv env $ source env/bin/activate $ $ # Install modules - SQLite Storage $ pip3 install -r requirements.txt $ $ # Create tables $ python manage.py makemigrations $ python manage.py migrate
The sample information provided in a CSV file can be loaded with ease via admin interface and django-import-export package. To get access to the admin section, please create a superuser first:
$ # Create app superuser $ python manage.py createsuperuser
In Django admin, you can import data for the Transaction section.
To do this just click on IMPORT button then select your csv, xls or etc file and submit it.
Imported information is displayed on the Transactions page.
Once we have the information in the database, on the page we can search, edit, and delete the transactions:
- Information is paginated to navigate with ease: PREV, 1,2,3., NEXT controls
- Search box to filter transactions by name
- Delete row control
- Edit cel data on double click and ENTER on confirm.
Based on the permissive (MIT) license, the project code can be copied and used for hobby & commercial projects.
- Django - The official website
- More Django Dashboards - open-source and paid projects
- Get support via Discord - 24/7 LIVE Service