Hello everyone! Time for another rollup of all the changes that have been happening on the Sitecore Developer Portal since our last update in April. This quarter focused on how we can get more enablement content out for developers, and lay the ground work for the new XM Cloud product.
If you haven't seen it before, the Developer Portal has an open source repo on GitHub because we want you to be able to contribute to the portal and help other developers in the community. You can help contribute directly from the portal, or log issues on GitHub with something you'd like to see!
One of the things that lots of developers have told us is that it is hard to find things across all the different platforms. The pages and menus on the Developer Portal allow you to navigate to various resources when you are first exploring, but now we have introduced a way to search for relevant developer content immediately!
You can try a search from any page on the developer portal, right at the top. Currently the search can search across the Developer Portal, multiple documentation sites, our Discover Sitecore YouTube channel, and even Sitecore Stack Exchange. We hope to add other sources in the future!
Many Sitecore Developers are already signed up for our newsletter which contains great content, from the community and Sitecore, delivered to their inboxes. But what if you want to see previous editions of the newsletter? How do you find that content?
This quarter we delivered the new Developer Newsletter Archive feature which allows you to browse through past editions of the Sitecore newsletter: https://developers.sitecore.com/newsletter
- Wondering about the new XM Cloud? Check out the new XM Cloud Introduction article.
- A new (and extensive) FAQ was introduced for XM and Personalize, which also introduced the concept of a multi-page navigation control.
- For those getting started in the Sitecore world, there is a new article introducing the concepts of XM Item Types.
- The Content Hub product page now displays a playlist of relevant videos from Discover Sitecore
- The Sitecore CDP product page now has a direct link for the commonly-asked-for Data Retention Policy.