It is an Open Source Software(OSS), to read GitHub code with VS Code in One second.
- View code
- Explore and switch branch/tag/commit
- View single-file history
- VS Code extension support, i.e. install Vim extension online and it will persist even restart the browser/device
- Extension on top of VS Code builtin supports:
- Supporting GitHub Gists
- Other platforms like GitLab, Bitbucket, Gogs, etc.
- Modify code and create a PR/commit online
- Local VS Code extension
- Jump to definition of symbols
- More on: Roadmap
We can read the code of any GitHub repo. Who has a habit of reading code in their IDE ( with customized themes, fonts )
Since GitHub Codespases provides a powerful Web IDE with the complete ability of VSCode and it runs in a docker, it may need nontrivial times to boot the environment. GitHub1s is focused on providing a workspace with the lightweight and work as soon as possible, so it's inevitable to give up some abilities of VS Code. But it may be useful for someone who finds a great project on GitHub and learns its source code.
In addition, GitHub1s is designed to be expandable to other services like GitLab, Bitbucket, gogs.
Fast and convenient, we want to make sure not only the users can view the code fast but the development experience must be fast as well.
It reduces the full build time from more than 10 minutes to less than 20 seconds. And the full CI build & test time drops from more than 16 minutes to around 4 minutes.
- Browser extensions
- Active contributors
- 17.4K+ ⭐ on GitHub in less than 2 months
- Selected In FridayFavorite by Prisma.io, check here
- Selected for DevX Conference on Apr 29, 2021, 09:00 - 09:30 (PDT)
More to Come...