Here's how to install VSCode:
- Visit the Visual Studio Code download page.
- Download the version of VSCode for your operating system.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions. It's generally safe to accept the default options during installation.
Next, you'll need a modern web browser. Google Chrome is widely used because of its advanced developer tools, but Firefox, Edge, and Safari are also suitable options. If you don't have Google Chrome installed, you can download it from the Google Chrome website.
Once you've installed Chrome, you can access the developer tools. Here's how:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots in the top-right corner to open the browser menu.
- Hover over "More Tools," then click "Developer Tools."
Alternatively, you can use the shortcut
Ctrl + Shift + I (or
Cmd + Option + I on a Mac) to open the developer tools.
Create a new file by clicking
File -> New File.
Copy and paste the following code into the new file:
Save the file with a
.htmlextension (for example,
Open the HTML file in your web browser (you can simply double-click on the file in most cases).
Open the developer tools (
Ctrl + Shift + Ior
Cmd + Option + I), and click on the "Console" tab. You should see "Hello World!" displayed there.