Hey everyone, in this blog we’ll be learning about
- What is Jamstack?
- Benefits of Jamstack.
- Approach towards a Jamstack project.
- Jamstack site generators.
So let's get started ✨.
Jamstack is a system to build fast, lightweight web apps with minimal efforts.
Jamstack is powered by
Backend is a piece of code that runs on a server without exposing itself to the user. So to handle the backend functionality, Jamstack uses APIs through which we can fetch and send data to the server, which will further send us the computed data.
We can make our custom APIs for niche tasks using any backend framework like ExpressJS and use them in our web apps.
- Since the backend/API is developed independently, scaling the website wouldn't be a tedious task, and due to the fast speed, heavy traffic can be managed smoothly.
- People always give importance to the user experience (UX), but very few folks pay attention to the developer experience (DX). Using Jamstack web apps can be easily developed with a straight-forward approach.
There is a very straight-forward approach to be followed while developing a project using Jamstack.
- Divide the project into islands.
- Use HTML/CSS for static parts/islands.
- Use APIs to build dynamic components.
There are a ton of generators for Jamstack. Here are some static site generators for Jamstack sites.
Thank you for reading the blog, hope it was helpful.
Until next time 🙌🏻.