Everybody, Tango is on the scene 💃
I have released a simple CLI tool to streamline access log analyzing workflow 🎉
Wondering what's inside?
Tango is designed to generate different reports to be helpful during log analyzing routine:
- analyzing how incoming traffic affects website performance
- investigating security incidents and their impact on the website
- filtering/aggregating logs to get other kinds of insights from them
Currently, the following reports are available for you 🛠:
- Custom Report: converts access logs to CSV format with the ability to filter records
- Geo Report: collects GEO information for all IPs that accessing the website with the ability to sort by countries and continents.
- Browser Report: groups requests by browsers/crawlers
- Request Report: see which URLs were requested and how many times on the website
- Pace Report: check how many requests were sent during a certain time frame by each IP
It is possible to install Tango on macOS/Linux/Windows 📦
# macOS (via Homebrew) brew tap roma-glushko/tango brew install roma-glushko/tango/tango # Linux (via Snap) sudo snap install tango # Windows (via Scoop) scoop bucket add tango https://github.com/roma-glushko/scoop-tango.git scoop install tango
Finally, here are some examples of usage:
# generate the pace report tango pace -l access-log.log -r custom.csv # get all requests from 18.104.22.168 IP tango --ip-filter "22.214.171.124" custom -l access-log.log -r custom.csv # get all requests to /newsletter/subscriber/new URL tango --keep-uri-filter "/newsletter/subscriber/new/" custom -l access-log.log -r custom.csv # get all IPs that requested /admin URL with GEO data tango --keep-uri-filter "/admin/" geo -l access-log.log -r custom.csv
Give it a try today and you won't be disappointed:
The software industry moves fast. But if you keep up, you can have an incredible career.