It´s better to wait for a productive programmer to become available than it is to wait for the first available programmer to become productive.
- After work with multiple Rails apps, you might have some methods and preferred ways of working with them.
- i.e. you're using few generalized methods or configuration your IRB session(rails console) in a single project and want to have the same methods & configuration on other projects you're working on, you can add those methods & configuration in your ~/.irbrc file.
- You can create ~/.irbrc file in your root directory if it's not present.
- Configurations which need to be used in all Rails Apps
- Methods which need to be used in all Rails Apps
- Require/load specific file(s) or Gem(s)
- Hacky convenience methods that help you play with your objects
Just click on the following URL and it'll list all ~/.irbrc files created by other GitHub developers, you can create your file and add everything you need if you find anything useful -
Found this post useful? please click the 🖤 button and share it to help others find it! Feel free to leave a comment below.