I just got this dumb idea here at 2:36 AM IST, it's called Project Overkill.
Basically, use the most overkill software/tool/library for everything in this project (the opposite of YAGNI principle
For example, we can have a very simple CRUD app.
But for this, I'll use
- fault tolerant k8s/openshift and dockerised GraphQL based APIs that are in the form of separated microservices in different languages (for Auth, processing, mailer) with load balancers
- Kafka as the message queue for these microservices
- Kong as the API gateway
- Cassandra/some blockchain db as the database complete with sharding and replication and encryption
- VueJS for the sign-up page, react for post-login actions
- Monitoring via Prometheus, grafana
- logging via ELK stack
- complete CI/CD using Jenkins scripted pipelines
- DDos protection via cloudflare and recaptcha for POST call pages
What ideas do you people have for creating the dumbest most overkill project?
I believe it would be a good learning experience, going hands-on with all of these tools