Video-on-demand market is still on the rise, and it is expected to be worth more than $85 billion. If you are in any business want to use video as a tool to grow your business or you are in the video streaming industry to stay ahead of your competitors, it's better to start your own Video On Demand (VOD) platform. To start your own Video platform, it's always wise to get the services of professional-grade VOD platforms providers. In this blog, we will get through a comparison of Top 5 Video On Demand Platforms
Webnexs is an all in one video streaming solution that supports both Video on demand (VOD) and live streaming. It comes up with advanced features that are suitable for all types of broadcasters and video creators. It builds customized websites and apps that are suitable for all business models. It supports different video monetization methods and white label video streaming with the video creators own logo and brand image. Webnexs is easily affordable to all types of video creators, from beginners to professionals and it is very easy to use even by Non IT people.
- Both video-on-demand and live streaming
- Video encoding and transcoding
- Adaptive Bitrate (ABR)
- Advanced HTML5 video player
- CDN for latency-free video delivery
- High-end video security features like DRM, SSO
- Video website and player customization tools and templates
- Advanced CMS to organize files
- Multiple social media channel integration
- Video monetization models: SVOD, AVOD,TVOD
- Different payment options
- Video API integration
- SDKs for iOS and Android APPs
- Unlimited number of users
- More secure platforms
- More reliable platform
- As of now, there are no Cons to exactly point out
Flicknexs is also one of the best Video on Demand (VOD) platforms present in the market. It is a SaaS-based Video streaming platform that builds VOD platforms for all video creators from individuals to larger organizations. White label video platform where video creators company logo and brand are given more importance. It builds both websites and apps for most of the devices like mobile, desktop, tablets and TV. It comes up with a variety of features like video analytics, different monetization options. Flicknexs is well known for distributing, publishing and managing video content.
- White label Video Streaming
- Video Monetization Methods - SVOD, AVOD, TVOD
- Content Management System(CMS)
- Multi Bitrate Streaming(MBR)
- Content Delivery Networks(CDN)
- Advanced-Data analytics dashboard
- Security features such as DRM,SSO
- HTML 5 Video Player
- API Integration
- SDKs for both android and ios
- Suitable for all types of video creators
- Easily Affordable
- Monetization options
- Comes with lot of features it take some time to learn
Muvi is a Video streaming platform that supports both VOD and Live Streaming. It's a cloud video platform that offers cloud encoding. It is very easy to launch multi-screen video streaming on websites and apps for both mobiles and desktops. If you are ready to spend more money, then Muvi is suitable for you to avail of high-end features. If offers different monetization options like AVOD, SVOD and TVOD
- Cloud encoding
- Multi Bitrate Streaming
- HTML5 Video Player
- Content Management System
- Content Delivery Network
- Video Monetization options
- Powerful CMS
- Advanced security features
- Global level CDN
- Very expensive
IBM Cloud Video
Next on this comparison list is IBM Cloud video. It is one of the platforms that can be used to build a professional VOD platform as it also comes with a lot of features. This platform is very much suitable for larger organizations and experienced broadcasters. It comes up with unique features like AI base automated speech to text captioning. It's slightly hard to navigate
- AI based Captioning service
- AES and DRM Security options
- SDKs for android and IOS apps
- Full API video Integration
- Customer Support
- Adaptive video player
- Unique AI-based captioning feature
- Video monetization support
- API available at a higher price plan
- White label streaming-only available at a higher price plan
Wowza was started in 2005 and it is a streaming solution that supports both VOD and live streaming services . It's well known for customizable video players and it focuses on streaming on all devices. Wowza offers Wowza Streaming engine for self-hosting video and Womza Cloud for video streaming solutions.
- Cloud Transcoding
- White-label video streaming
- HTML 5 video player
- Wide security options like DRM, SSL
- Customer support
- Adaptive Bitrate streaming
- It is mainly suitable for larger organizations
- More customization and content management tool
- No video monetization option
- No video analytics tool
There are many VOD platform providers present in the market today. Choosing a Video on Demand platform is always better based on what is suitable for your business needs to reach your goals. It is always wise to make a comparison and then pick video platforms that offer different features that almost meet your demands.
Top comments (18)
The streaming of video content keeps on increasing in every countries all around the world, has increased the market value for video on demand platform providers Great article about comparison of top 5 Video on Demand platfrom
Very nice post about comparison of top 5 Video streaming services. I’ve truly enjoyed going through your blog posts.
Thank you @krithiga
I feel like starting an eLearning platform so can I get to know which VOD platform provider is more suited for building an eLearning platform?
Good concept about Comparison Of Top 5 Video On Demand (VOD) Platforms. It is nice to read. Thank you.
Is that true ? Video on Demand Platform can only be used for entertainment?
No, it can be used for any business. In the past few years, Video-on-demand platforms are used in fitness, yoga, online learning sessions, religious and marriage activities.
Good Comparison Between VOD platforms and specially mentioning about pros and cons of each video platform.
I am Glad that you found this article very useful
THANK YOU @hermoniversa
i will also look into the article you referred
Magnificent post, very informative. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You must proceed your writing about the topics Top VOD platforms.
Thank you for your appreciation @tweet2haribabu
Do all the VOD platforms listed above come with the live streaming feature?
Yes, all the VOD platforms mentioned above in the list support the live streaming feature.
Can you tell me why is it important for all businesses to start a VOD platform?
Video can be used as a marketing tool for product promotion ,for any employee training session and for Conducting webinars and for making a conference call. If you are a broadcaster or video creator you can host your video content on your own VOD platform that results in the generation of more revenue.