Being healthy should be the first and foremost goal of any human being. As a programmer, it is even more crucial. Keep aside all of those tasks like building a hobby app, learning new technology, and all. If you are not healthy at all, nothing is going to matter. If you don't have time to invest in your health now, be prepared to waste a huge amount of time and money in the hospital in near future.
I am also still developing this habit of following a healthy lifestyle. After eating frequently in restaurants and processed foods, I feel like lot of money is being invested in making myself unhealthy. It is quite hard to cut yourself away from the processed foods but you can still try to minimize as much you can. Sometimes during hangouts or parties we consume some food that are really unhealthy for our body and brain. There are few solutions I generally recommend programmers or any professional who work from home to follow. Here are some of the tips I find are useful for me and hope it will be useful for someone else:
- (30mins-1hr) long workout,
- Try something like yoga,
- Practice gratitude (for mental health),
- Cut off negative people,
- Work in chunks - 60mins followed by 10-15min break (but don't use social media on those breaks),
- 6 days healthy food,
- Intermittent fasting,
- Drink enough water,
- Protective glasses for screen,
- Some push ups after long time sitting in chair,
- Some back exercises to prevent back pain,
- To avoid burnout you can try something that is different from what you generally do for example learning music,
- Try to cut off sugar if you can,
- Avoid screen 1hr before going to bed,
- No phone after waking up (you can use if after you are done working for sometime on the most important goal of your life)
- Do something quick and easy in the morning to keep you motivated
- Practice katas everyday. It can be programming kata, guitar kata or anything to be more dexterous.
There must be more than these that I would love you hear from you guys. Let me know what you do to keep yourself healthy and motivated. Thanks for reading this post.