Hi everyone! Welcome to the PagerDuty Community Weekly Update! It’s officially Fall in the northern hemisphere, so time for some pumpkin spice. And pumpkin curry. And carved pumpkins on the porch, at least until the squirrels get them.
We had a pair of webinars this week. If you missed them, don’t worry! You can still sign up to receive the recordings!
- Improve Efficiency of Incident Response with Automated Diagnostics for AWS in PagerDuty with our Solutions Consulting team. Let all your engineers diagnose on AWS like your senior engineers!
- Kat Gaines and Carrie Lacina hosted a webinar, Customer Service Operations: The Proactive Approach with Zendesk. Get ahead of customer issues with PagerDuty and Zendesk!
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is coming!
We can’t wait for this movie:
InfoSecSherpa (Tracy Z. Maleeff)@infosecsherpaMy new life’s ambition is to write #InformationSecurity themed @hallmarkchannel screenplays, especially ones with holiday themes. I have a great story brewing inside my head about a SOC Manger and a DDoS’d dating app site, and @pagerduty has a product placement role.17:35 PM - 27 Sep 2022
We’ve got Megg Sage and Patrick Roserie from our security team on the podcast next week, and we’ll be hearing from some of our security-focused integration partners on Twitch. Dust off those hardware security devices and join us!
Check out this post on the blog for info on some new features, and important information about features that are being EOL’d soon.
- Webhooks v1 and v2 are being phased out. Migrate to webhooks v3 soon! You can learn more in Scott's post too.
- Event Rules are being replaced by Event Orchestration. You have until the end of January, 2023 to migrate your rules to the new featureset.
Curious about our product EOL process? We had Sean Steacy on the podcast earlier this year to talk about it!
We have live in-person sessions coming up!
Kat was at ElevateCX this week in Denver, to give her talk Happy Agents = Happy Customers.
Scott is taking his talk Built-in Testing in Go is More Than Just Passable to GoLab.io next week, October 2-4 in Florence, Italy and at Indy.Code() October 19! He’ll also be talking about Client-side OAuth with PKCE at Indy.Code().
We hope to see you! Say hi, we might have PagerDuty stickers. :D We’re also gearing up for AWS Re:Invent at the end of November. Scott and Mandi will be in the PagerDuty booth!
Our automation folks are looking to start some in-person meetings with members of the Rundeck Open Source community. If that’s you, let us know!
The opening panel discussion with Charity Majors, Nora Jones, and Erin McKeown was super interesting.
Last week, Jason Morgan joined Mandi to talk about Service Mesh and Linkerd.
We publish new episodes about twice a month, so make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any. Next week, we’ll have PagerDuty’s security team joining us.
Have a suggestion for a guest we should have on? Let us know!
We’re on Twitch three times a week, covering all things PagerDuty. Our regular shows are:
- PagerDuty Garage, the show about the PagerDuty API: Mondays at 10am Eastern / 7am Pacific
- Terraform Time: Mondays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific
- HowTo Happy Hour: Fridays at 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific. Follow our channel for alerts when we go live! You can also view our most recent episodes on Twitch. You can see some of our earlier streams on the YouTube playlist.
Today our data science folks will be joining the HowTo Happy Hour to talk about some of the features of Intelligent Alert Grouping. Sign up for a reminder or just tune in at 4pm eastern!
If you have a question about PagerDuty, check out our Community Forums for advice from friendly folks. If you’d like to be on our podcast or Twitch, or just say hi, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear what you’re doing with PagerDuty!