- 🧑⚕️ Health
- 🌳 Ecology, climate & environment
- 🧾 Taxes incomes
- 📍 Geographic Information System (streets,...)
- 🥬 Agriculture
- 🎭 Culture & art
- 📈 Economy & employment
- 🧑🎓 Education
- ⚡ Energy
- 🏟️ Youth, sports,
- 💻 Technology
- 🚌 Mobility
☝️ Unfortunately, for now, as these datasets are provided by various data providers:
, there is no real common governance on top of all these datasets.
👉 The consequence of this is that, as a developer, you want to work on a specific transversal subject,...
you'll have to deal many datasets to bring some real value, ... then achieve higher business values.
🐌 In a word, before to be able to answser specific business driven questions, you'll have to:
- 🔬 Learn about the dataset dictionary
- 💪 Deal with each dataset
- 🕸️ Link datasets between each others with universal keys (or maintain a referential set of keys)
- 🛍️ Make (create, release, deploy & maintain) this as a nice & ready-to-use API
- 🎯 (At last) do your stuff : work on your primary business goal
The Developer Experience (
DX) word is quite straightforward:
Everyone would rather jump-start straight to step 5... and not care about the boilerplate data side.
This post is all about "How to make it possible to jump start to Step 5... , and most of all, how to prepare & deliver it at scale."
To discover how we handled the challenge, just enjoy the following dedicated content that will explain the whole process within a dedicated live data story telling.