TL;DR: Envisioning a Plugin-centric React Ecosystem. As we approach 2024, I envision a shift from libraries to plugins in React development. The aim is to solve real-world problems with plug-and-play solutions. If you believe in this vision, you may want to learn more about Webcrumbs.
It's almost 2024 and the future I wish for React development is one where there are more plugins and less libraries.
There are 1.13 billion websites online, and less than 50% of them are managed with tools that allow extensions by plugins.
And to my knowledge (please prove me wrong by commenting below if you know of any solution like this already), there is not yet an open source solution that allow extending React websites with plugins powered by the community.
Plugins vs. libraries is a matter of solving real world-problems vs. solving code problems. Of course both are important, but we lack solutions for the first.
So, here's my list of what I would like to see as plugins for React in a near future:
- Plugin for Real-Time Collaboration
- Plugin for Voice Commands
- Plugin for Content Personalization
- Plugin for A/B Testing Framework
- Plugin for Heatmap Analytics
- Plugin for Geo-Fencing
- Plugin for Blockchain Integration
- Plugin for Virtual Reality Support
- Plugin for Sentiment Analysis
- Plugin for NLP Search
- Plugin for Predictive Analytics
- Plugin for Data Masking
- Plugin for Gamification Elements
- Plugin for Progressive Web App Support
- Plugin for Offline Access
- Plugin for 3D Model Integration
- Plugin for Custom AI Solutions
- Plugin for Automated Translation
- Plugin for IoT Compatibility
- Plugin for Biometric Authentication
- Plugin for Content Fragmentation
- Plugin for Chatbot Integration
- Plugin for Facial Recognition
- Plugin for Subscription Management
- Plugin for AR Support
- Plugin for Automatic Video Transcription
- Plugin for Dark Mode Toggle
- Plugin for Content Aging Indicator
- Plugin for SEO Auto-Optimization
- Plugin for Gesture Control
- Plugin for Blockchain-based Decentralization
- Plugin for Accessibility Checker
- Plugin for Contextual Commerce
- Plugin for Behavioral Email Targeting
- Plugin for Multi-cloud Support
- Plugin for Quantum-Safe Encryption
- Plugin for Role-based Dashboards
- Plugin for Automatic Summarization
- Plugin for Text-to-Speech
- Plugin for Podcast Integration
(I shorten the list for simplicity; but I'll leave more in the comments, if you want more ideas).
Yes. "Everything can be a plugin" is my mantra. If only we agree on baselines for writing easy integrations. That's it.
You may want to learn more about Webcrumbs. It's all about setting the common grounds for plugins in React, and it's being developed by the community in real time.
WebCrumbs is the Plugin Hub of React web development.
Engineered for React, this open-source plugin hub serves as a toolkit for modern web development, eliminating the redundant and giving developers room to innovate.
We are a very fast growing community of people around 35 countries.
Here's how you can be a part:
Star the Repository
Show your support and help us gain more visibility by starring ⭐️ the repository.
Star Webcrumbs on GitHub
Join the Discussions
Your opinions and ideas matter. Participate in ongoing discussions or start a new one.
Go to Discussions
Check Open Issues
See what issues are open and where you can contribute.
View Open Issues
Read our Roadmap
Get all the information you need about our next steps.
Read our Roadmap
Become a Maker
Join Product Hunt as a WebCrumbs maker.
Join Product Hunt
Every star is a vote of confidence for the project. It gives us the momentum to keep rolling out incredible updates and features that you, the developer, can use to get your projects over the finish line faster and more efficiently.
Join the community of forward-thinking developers who're writing of efficient web development.
⭐️ Star WebCrumbs on GitHub today and be a part of the revolution.
Create and modify React websites and applications with a no-code interface and powerful plugins, enriched by the community. 🌟 Star to support our work!
Catch the Latest Innovations: Get Your Monthly Dose of WebCrumbs Insights
The next evolution in React-based web development
WebCrumbs aspires to be an industry-standard solution for React applications, positioned as the "WordPress for React." Whether you're a developer or not, you'll find it effortless to create, manage, and scale your React-based websites using our intuitive admin panel.
Your Support Matters
If you find value in what WebCrumbs aims to achieve, consider starring ⭐️ us on GitHub. Your endorsement is crucial in helping us refine our product and grow our community. Star WebCrumbs on GitHub.
- Plugin Platform: Integrate and manage React plugins to extend functionality effortlessly.
- No-Code Admin Panel: Control every aspect of your website from a robust admin interface, no coding needed.
- Fully Customizable…