How to establish and set up an Azure Files storage account.
- In the market place search for storage account and select create
- In the project details, select the resource group you just created
- Under the instance details, supply the name for your storage account.
- Change performance to Premium
- Change Premium account type to File shares
- Select Zone-redundant storage in the redundancy drop down
- click review
- Click create after passing validation
- Wait for it to deploy
- Click Go to resource
How to establish and set up a directory-based file share.
- Select File shares in the Data storage section
- Click + File share
- Provide a name for the new file share
- Leave other settings as default and click review + create
- Once validation is passed, click create
How to include a directory in the shared file.
- Click + Add directory in the file share overview page
- Type the name for your directory and click ok
- Select Browse in the overview section
- Select the newly created directory
- Click upload, select browse for file and then click upload again
- Your file will be displayed under your directory
How to Set up and check snapshots.
-In the file share overview page, select snapshot under operation section
- Click + Add snapshot
- Note that the comment is optional. Click Ok
- Click the snapshot and verify that both the directory and the uploaded file are included
Practice restoring a file using snapshots.
- Go back to the file share, in the overview page, click browse
- Click on the uploaded file and and click delete in the file properties
- Click yes to confirm delete
- Click snapshot in the operations section
- Select the snapshot created before
- Click on the file you want to restore and click restore
- Supply a restored file name and click Ok
- You can verify the restored file by navigating to your directory to check by clicking browse.
How to set up a storage access restriction to only certain virtual networks.
- Search for virtual network and click create
- Fill in the project details which comprises of Subscription and Resource group
- Provide a name for your virtual network and leave other parameters as default
- Click review + create
- Click create once validation is passed
- Once the deployment is complete, click go to resource
- Under settings section, click subnets
- Click default subnet
- Tick Microsoft.Storage in the services drop-down under service endpoints section, leave other settings as default and click save
How to access the storage account through the virtual network you just established.
- Go back to the files storage account and select Networking under Security + networking, select Enabled from selected virtual networks and IP addresses under public network access
- Click Add existing virtual network under virtual network and click the drop-down under virtual network.
- Tick your virtual network
- Tick your subnet
- Then click Add
- Select Storage browser
- Click File share
- Click the file under file share
- A pane showing This request is not authorized indicates that you are not connecting from the virtual network.