I already knew the power of Postgres and its PL/pgSQL programming language (simple and fast). But it has been game-changing when I discover Postgraphile. Suddenly I was able to develop beautiful APPs offering exceptional UX.
Step by step, I end up having a full backup stack that I consider the best tech stack for applications. The reason is simple, I just integrated together the best of the open-source world:
Postgres: The World's Most Advanced Open Source Relational Database.
- Function: To build custom logic.
- Trigger: To trigger functions on data changes or events.
- pg_cron: To schedule function execution regularly.
- REST requests python package: to call any REST API.
- Postgraphile: Fastest GraphQL API server for PostgreSQL.
- Passport JS: Simple authentication for Node.js.
- Unified Authentication: User gets a session that works for requests AND subscriptions.
- Nodemailer: A module for Node.js applications to allow easy-as-cake email sending.
This full backup stack that I called Agoston allows me to build anything, integrate any API and scale large while ensuring the best performance that a database can offer thanks to Postgres.
P.S. I also launched a managed Agoston backend stack that you can test for free. Thus you can immediately get the benefits without the hurtle of implementing it! Give it a try here! :)
Top comments (0)