I can't believe I'm saying this. I'M JOINING THE DEV TEAM!!!
For those of you that don't know me, my name is Nick Taylor, a senior software developer from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. 👋 You can find out all about me on my site, iamdeveloper.com which I cross-post to DEV.
Over the years I have worked in many different kinds of places. From a social media platform, to e-commerce, fintech, security, AI startup land, and most recently the film/VFX industry.
I love this community and have been a code contributor and content creator on the platform for quite some time now. I also moderate a couple of tags.
One of the many things I love about DEV is that the team interacts with the community. I give you exhibit A.
Welcome, Nick, fellow Canadian! 🇨🇦
Some fun facts about me:
- I was the first person outside of the core team to contribute to the DEV repository.
- I'm not a big fan of spiders. 🕷
- I dyed my hair pretty frequently in university
- I played rugby for many years.
- I've gone as Wolverine for Hallowe'en one too many times. 😆
- I used to play in a handbell choir (yes that's a thing)
In my role at DEV, I'll be focusing primarily on the frontend (although I wouldn’t mind getting my feet wet in some ruby), building out new features, improving the codebase and interacting with and learning from all the lovely humans on this platform.
That's all folks! Super stoked!
P.S. I made this very expensive short film to accompany my announcement that I'm joining DEV. If you’re viewing this on mobile, it’s best viewed full-screen in landscape mode. And the Oscar goes to...