Let's say you have a huge programming problem to solve. This is one of the approaches I’ve found to work.
- You spend hours scouring Google, StackOverflow and some obscure tutorials
- You try tons of approaches, none of which work
- Defeated, you try to explain it to a colleague in search for help
- You suddenly find the perfect solution while you explain the problem to your colleague
- You go back to your desk and solve your problem
I’ve found solutions to my problems this way more times than I’d like to admit.
That's the power of rubber duck debugging!