lot of developers these days are spending so much time with their terminal, that it became a vital tool in the development workflow.
Since I use the terminal the whole day, I like to change it to my taste.
You can change the style to your taste and spice it up with themes and plugins. For the big fans of oh-my-zsh on the mac terminal, you can continue to use this in Hyper 😎
The Hyper terminal is only available for all platforms:
There are a lot of things that you can change in the config file.
You’re wondering how to change the settings?
- Open your ~/.hyperterm.js config file with your favorite editor.
- Add theme-or-plugin-name to your plugins array. Like this: plugins: [‘plugin-or-theme-name’]
Just like all the editors we use, that has a lot of themes, Hyper also has a lot of themes. In this list, you find some cool ones!
- my current Cobalt 2 Theme: This theme is created by @wesbos and is also available for many other applications
- Star Wars Theme: Not that I would use it, but hé we are nerds, so Star Wars is a part of that!
- Solarized Dark theme: This theme is nice and clean and also used by many other editors.
- Monokai Deluxe theme: This theme is just like the Solarized used in many other editors. In my opinion 1 of the classics.
- MacOS theme: If you’re using a Windows or Linux and like the MacOS style of terminal, this is your theme!
- Hyper Flat2: Do I need to say more? This is completely in Flat style
- Clean: This theme is just very clean with nice colors!
- Atom One Dark: This is one of the themes that is used in the Atom editor, if you like Atom, this is your theme!
There is a much bigger collection of themes on Github in the Awesome Hyper repository
You can also find a massive list of plugins on the Awesome Hyper repo. But here are a few that I like the most!
- Hyperterm-1password: If you’re using the 1Password manager for storing all your credentials, this plugin will integrate that into your terminal.
- Hyperterm-history: Want to have a history present based on your command, add this awesome plugin!
- Hyperterm-visor: With this plugin, you can open your terminal from any finder with a short-cut.
Hopefully, you like the Hyper terminal and if you have some cool themes or plugins to share, leave them in the comments 😎