Intro to TypeScript (3 Part Series)
I am creating a new series about TypeScript.
In this short article, we will learn how to install it.
- it is developed and maintained by Microsoft
- it provides great features like static type checking and type inference
First, you need NodeJS & npm
- Install TypeScript:
npm install -g typescript
- Confirm the Installation:
If you get a
permission denied error,
try so use
sudo npm install -g typescript
We will learn the basic workflow how to write TypeScript code.
- Do you use TypeScript?
- Why do you use it?
- Do you think it's worth it?
- Do you use it in all of your projects?