The podcast speaks to web development topics as well as running a small business, self-employment and time management. You can join them for both their successes and their struggles as they try to manage expanding their Web Development business without stretching themselves too thin.
The Svelte for Beginners Udemy course is now live! Mike took his experience in teaching and learning Svelte and created a course.
Get it now on Udemy! 👇
In this episode Matt and Mike discuss Svelte, a framework that Mike has recently switched almost entirely to from Vue. The duo discuss what features of Svelte they enjoy using, some recent milestones in the world of Svelte, and go over some interesting community projects.
- No boilerplate
- No virtual DOM
- Fast dev server because of vite and HMR
- Small package size because it compiles away
- Great developer tooling across all major IDEs
- SvelteKit is an enhancement and not a whole different paradigm
- Feature parity with major frameworks for the web*
- Svelte stores are easy to setup and use but also extremely extensible
- Animations are super powerful
- Takes a backseat to actual logic writing
- SvelteKit beta - March 2021
- Rich harris joins Vercel - November 2021
- Svelte voted top in dev satisfaction by StackOverflow users
- StackBlitz adds SvelteKit container
- @puruvj Twitter builds MacOS with svelte https://macos-web.app/
- @spences10 Twitter rebuilds HTML All The Things with SvelteKit https://html-all-the-things.vercel.app/
- @saadeghi Twitter builds DaisyUI for Svelte + Tailwind - https://daisyui.com/ Svelte Sirens Community launched by Brittney Postma - A svelte society for women, non-binary people and allies
If you're enjoying the podcast consider giving us a review on Apple Podcasts or checking out our Patreon to get a shoutout on the podcast.
You can find us on all the podcast platforms out there as well as