Scripting languages have seen tremendous growth in recent years. CodingNomads ran some stats on job postings on Linkedin (see cover image) and found that from the top-10 programming languages in highest demand in 2022, six of them are scripting languages.
Why do you choose to program in a scripting language rather than in a real programming language?
Please tell us your reasons.
To help you get started, here are some ready-made options:
- It is easier to learn.
- It is easier to be productive.
- It gives fewer errors.
- I do not want to have to wait for it to compile.
- It does not require an IDE, I can just use a text editor.
- I do not need type safety, because I do testing.
- There exist lots of libraries for it.
- I can modify my program as it is running.
- It is the only option on the browser.
- It is easy to find a job doing it.
- I have not learned any real programming language.