This post was originally posted on maxpou.fr.
This page is somewhat inspired by Wes Bos' Uses page. Keep in mind that I'm mostly doing Frontend development and I'm also a nomadic worker. In other words, I'm 100% remote and I travel. A lot.
- MacBook Pro (13-inch).
- No extra screen. I've found myself more focus with only one screen.
- Roost Laptop Stand (note: I don't use it when I work from a coffee shop!).
- Magic keyboard 2 and the Magic trackpad 2.
- Notepad where I write my daily MIT.
As a digital nomad, I don't have space for a desk on my backpack! ;)
- VS Code is my favourite text editor so far.
- The theme I use is Material Theme which I customised.
- Full list of plugins that I Can't Live Without.
All of my config files (VS Code settings, bash aliases, git config...) are accessible on my dotfiles GitHub repository.
My main browser is Brave. It's a great, fast and safe Chrome alternative. I also use the following plugins:
- uBlock Origin - Best adblocker I've found.
- Pocket (Save to Pocket) - Read it later.
- LastPass - Password Manager.
- Devtool extensions: Vue.js and React
I used to have Wappalyzer... but I've found this extension quite curious so I removed it!
I mostly use my terminal in VSCode. Otherwise, I use iTerm (not a big fan!). My terminal theme is af-magic.
This is the list of plugins/apps I use:
- Zsh with Oh My Zsh. Oh My Zsh is a framework for managing zsh configuration.
- Lighthouse (CLI) - Auditing, performance metrics, and best practices for Progressive Web Apps.
- Hub - a wrapper for Git command (Git+Hub=GitHub)
- vtop - an alternative to activity monitor.
- Tree - to generate a tree (like the Tree Windows command).
- n - a super handy tool for node version management.
I also use Vim from time to time.
I have a very minimalistic approach when it comes to my dock. If I don't use an app -at least- once a day, I remove it from the dock.
I also use these applications:
- ProtonVPN and I pay for it! It's kind of mandatory to get a VPN when you travel in some Asian countries.
- Giphy Capture is my go-to screen recording when I need to share something with my colleagues. I found it simple to use.
- OBS - screen recording but for a longer video. I don't use it much...
- Sequel Pro - when I need a GUI for MySQL.
- Grammarly - Helps me to remove typos / proofread my posts
- Hemingway - "Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear."
- Squoosh - Image compression
- Remove.bg - Remove background on png
Having a good backpack is essential when you travel the most of your time. I use the Minaal Carry-on 2.0 (with packing cubes). I love it!
Self care is a hot topic these days, and I’m not just talking about face masks. There is a growing movement that underscores the importance of taking time to take care of yourself (in addition to all the other things that you already take time for). You can prevent problems down the road by taking proactive steps to ensure your health and happiness.