Originally published on my blog
In case you didn't know, October is the month of open source. Why? DigitalOcean organizes Hacktoberfest, a program where you contribute to open-source and get a super-cool shirt (and some stickers) in return.
But it isn't just DigitalOcean. Multiple organizations will also give you swag if you contribute to their repositories on Hacktoberfest. Here's a complete list of all promotions:
- Official Hacktoberfest - Register on the website, make 5 PRs to any repository, get swag. Reference
- Auth0 - Make a Pull Request to an Auth0 repository, fill this form and get swag. Reference
- Microsoft - Make a Pull Request to a Microsoft repository, fill this form and get an exclusive shirt. Reference
- SendGrid - Make a Pull Request to a SendGrid repository, get an exclusive shirt. Reference
- Nexmo - Make a Pull Request to a Nexmo repository, fill this form and get a shirt. Reference
- OpenEBS - Make a Pull Request to OpenEBS, and you'll get a shirt if it gets merged. Reference
- Umbraco - Make a Pull Request, and if it gets pulled in you get some swag. Reference
- Hasura - Make a Pull Request to graphql-engine, get some stickers and optionally a shirt. Reference
So, go ahead and participate. You don't even need to know how to code, in most cases fixing a typo in the documentation or adding examples to a README will be enough to get you some nice stickers.
Have fun, and happy Hacktoberfest!