loading...

Began a new toy project

lytecyde profile image Mik Seljamaa 🇪🇪 Updated on ・1 min read

I got a coding buddy! Xenia is programming with me on a small project to design a classic shooter game.

I got the first code running.
Today I did the first refactor for this project. Introducing a new class to move KeyEvent behaviour to its own class.

We have an issue with visual side of the game - the pngs are too big for our use, that will get fixed today. Quite chuffed really. Its sometimes so amazing to see how little it takes to get the coding fun going!

The project began its life in here:
xy

We are borrowing some code from the zetcode site to get a headstart, hopefully with the blessings of Jan Bodnar. And yes, this update just in he allows us to use the code! Which made me even happier!

We are also using the CC-BY pngs for images from opengameart.org.

I am so grateful that I found someone to help and who I will be a support to in my own coding development!

Discussion

pic
Editor guide